- May 8, Ridge Run & Roll (Middlebury)
- May 19, Bike to Work Week event, 5 to 8 p.m. at Elkhart Environmental Center
- June 2 and 3, Wheels and Deals Cycling Celebration, 5 to 9 p.m. at Goshen’s First Friday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday
- June 17, Pumpkinvine Bike Ride (Goshen)
- August 12, Pedal Party (Wakarusa/Nappanee)
- August 19, Quilt Garden Ride (Elkhart)
Winter Trail Activities
The recent sunshine and warmer temperatures have us wondering if we’ll get an early spring, but given that we live in Indiana at least one more round of winter weather is likely.
Those who love winter are hoping for more chances to ride, ski or snowshoe on snow-covered trails.
Elkhart County Parks has a great guide to winter activities offered at county parks and guidelines for use.
The list outlines etiquette:
‣ Ski traffic is one-way – follow the arrow sign directions.
‣ Slower skiers yield to faster skiers.
‣ Downhill skiers have the right of way.
‣ Hiking traffic is two-way.
‣ Keep to the side of the set ski trail – please watch your step so skiers can stay on-track!
‣ Keep to the side of the set ski trail (and make sure Fido does, too!).
‣ Remember to pick up after your pet and keep them leashed at all times (6 ft or under).
Those on fat-tire bikes should also try to avoid ski tracks and be aware of those on foot.
Get out and enjoy the trails and be respectful of other users.